Sunday, May 17, 2015

I'm ok even when it doesn't feel like it.

It's been over a year since my husband passed on to his eternal home in Heaven and escaped lewy body dementia.
I'm doing well, I attended grief recovery.
I have interests, I have friends.
I'm carving out a new life for me.
I volunteer so I can help someone else, I work.
Life keeps moving forward, I'm moving with it.
My heart is still married.
The days are softer, I can speak of my husband without tears escaping. 
I can laugh and remember fondly and remember the truth about our life and how hard it could be at times. 
I didn't place him on a pedestal.
I'm doing the things I would have wanted had I been the one that passed first. 

I'm not lonely, I just don't like being alone for a lot of things.
Yes, I'm doing well but even in that, I occasionally have a day when I feel overwhelmed by his absence and I missed him so very much.
It's normal and it's going to happen again I am pretty sure.

2 comments:

  1. Love how you continue to write from your heart, Kathy. Thank you for sharing your life with us. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, enjoy reading your comments so much. 18 months for me and I find my new life is moving along. Life being what it is...I am now recouperating from cancer surgery...no chemo or radiation required which is a blessing. But the real blessing is that all of the new friends I have made are now so precious to me during this little set back. Good to hear from you. Pam in Indiana

    ReplyDelete