Monday, February 13, 2017

3rd Year and Final Blog Post

Saturday, Feb 11 2017 my husband has resided in heaven for 3 years.
3 years! There are still days when it feels like the other day and days when it feels like such a long time ago.
I'm adjusting, adapting, accepting. You would think by now I would be through but there are still situations that occur that I need to adjust to. Changes in my life I need to adapt to and changes I must accept. Thus is life and this is mine.
Some days I want to scream "You left me behind"
Some days I smile at the thought of my husband.
I can't think of a day that goes by he doesn't pass through my mind.
Tears aren't sitting behind my eyes although I can still get caught off guard and fight them back.
It's progress.
I make plans, I'm active in caregiver support and Lewy Body Dementia support. I co authored a caregiving book. I've traveled. I enjoy my job, I love the time I get to spend with my family.
I stay busy on purpose, sometimes too busy but with the help and guidance of the Lord I'll find a balance.
I'm doing ok.
So, in the words of an old Gospel Hymn

"I don't know about tomorrow
I just live for day to day
I don't borrow from the sunshine
For it's skies may turn to gray
I don't worry o'er the future
For I know what Jesus said
And today I'll walk beside Him
For He knows what lies ahead
Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand" - Ira Stanphill

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to see that this is your last blog post. I followed you along when my husband was still with me, he's been in Heaven 2 years now. Yes, not a day goes by without my heart aching for him in one way or another. I still have not quite found my way without him, it's been a long, slow process. About a year ago I became reaquainted with a man I knew in Jr High and High School over 40 years ago. I learned that his wife passed on 4 months before my husband. For the past year we have been spending time together and find comfort and love again. Something neither of us thought would ever happen again. Moving on...persevering...what my husband wanted. What pains me to do, yet we are to continue living and so we shall. I will forever love Craig and I thank you Kathy, for all of your information through your blog over the years helped me help the love of my life and for that I will be forever grateful to you. God's best blessings to you, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia,

      There is indeed a lot of life yet to live. I am overjoyed that you are doing just that. :D
      I pray that you have you many years of happiness as well as new and precious memories to sustain you in the days ahead.
      May God bless you, Claudia.

      Kathy

      Delete