Monday, March 24, 2014

Church

It's been quite a few years since I had been able to attend the church I am a member of.
This is where many of my prayer warriors congregate.
I know where I can turn when I want someone to pray the words I can't seem to express.
Even though I know God hears my prayers, it gives me comfort that others are lifting me to Him for the comfort, peace, assurance, peace and direction I need to live according to His Word.
I have prayer warriors and I'm not afraid to use them!

So why haven't I gone back to church yet?
I have the time now.

I'm good with a few people offering me sympathies and condolences.
I fear the overwhelming show of love will leave me an emotional wreck.
Lots of times I feel strong and together at home.
I can be around 2, 3 or 4 at a time without feeling overwhelmed.
But for some reason, I'm afraid of a congregation of people I love.
And it's only natural they would want to be supportive. I would want to be if it were not me in this situation.
I have so much to learn and so far to go yet.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kathy, I can feel your sorrow and uncertainty in your writing. It was so hard for me to walk into my church for the first time after George had died. I had walked into church on George's arm for the last 47 years. Now I was truly "alone". No one to hold onto. Luckily there was a friend who also had lost her husband and she understood my feelings. So I was able to sit with her. So God does provide in my time of need. This is truly "leaning on The Lord". He is always there.....hope these thoughts are helpful.i know how hard it is. You are prayed for.

    ReplyDelete