Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Peaceful Moment

For the first time, in the nearly 7 weeks since my husband died, I wanted to go and do something.
Oh, sure, I have left the house for things I had to do, needed to do and was obligated to do, but this time was different. This time I had a desire to leave the house because I wanted to.
Even though there were non priority errands to care for, the mood was different in caring for them.
I enjoyed the meandering in the store even though I was picking up a few items.
I decided to stop and grab a late lunch, early supper, or as my husband and I used to call it, "old people's supper". Just sitting quietly observing the staff  and patrons.
The stress of  "hurry" was gone.
A sense of peace filled my mind.
I enjoyed the outing.

1 comment:

  1. http://korycapps.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/cs-lewis-a-grief-observed.pdf

    I've been recently reading this by cs lewis, it's a very personal look at his grief at his wifes death. Very open and honest. I really enjoyed the prologue as well, another widows perpective as it were.

    ReplyDelete