Saturday, March 1, 2014

Closets

I already cleaned out his closet.
Some of my husbands clothing will be turned into small keepsakes for our grandchildren.
The rest will go to a worthy cause we have always supported with our donations.
I held every piece close. Even the shirts he barely wore.
I cried into some of them, some I was glad to be rid of, some even found their way into the trash.
Pants, shoes, socks, t shirts, underclothes, hats.
I found pieces of paper and business cards that didn't amount to much. Campaign cards, phone numbers he had jotted down. Lots of car accessory places . He did have a passion for buying and selling. We always joked that he would even sell us if the price was right. And depending on the day the price could fluctuate ;-)
Memories. Tears. Smiles

I can still only do so much before I'm exhausted to tears.

Food has not been an issue. I'm having no trouble remembering to eat.
My choices for myself aren't that great. I rummage through the food closet looking for cereal, soup or snacks. I move the vegetables and find a couple of cans of turnip greens. I burst into tears.
I immensely dislike turnip greens but my husband liked them as much as I dislike them.
Stupid turnip greens, you made me cry but I can't throw you away.

So many things will be different now. So many things are different now. Even my grocery list will change to remove the things my husband alone liked.
Stupid grocery list.
I wonder if I will still price check those items.

Every day is something new

No comments:

Post a Comment