Friday, February 28, 2014

Busy

Had what felt like a busy day away from home.
It's amazing to me how much emotional energy it takes to leave the house and do anything.
My errands were fairly simple.
I made a stop at the funeral home to get my husbands flag, neatly folded and placed in a protective case.
(I had a moment, once inside the car)
I need to find a nice wooden box for it.
He was entitled to a headstone, a bronze plaque or a medallion. Since he chose to be cremated I selected the medallion to affix to a final cremation urn. I just haven't found the one I want yet.

A trip to Social Security went as I was told to expect but learning that I would not be able to get benefits  from my husband until I turned 60 was still hard to hear.
(I had a moment inside the car)

I enjoyed lunch with a precious friend who ministers to my heart. We shared laughter, tears and prayer. 

Not a lot of things but enough to make me feel completely exhausted.

My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment