Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Royal seating

I woke up sick on Monday. Great, just what I needed.
Horse, growly deep voice, a deep cough, pressure on my neck and chest, generally feeling yucky. I chose to make a Dr appt, just to kick it before it got worse, besides, as a full time caregiver, finding time to go to the Dr was not a top priority for myself. Now I have all the time there is.
Couldn't get in so I had to wait until yesterday, still feeling bad, still coughing, still hard to breath, I made my way in, waited, finally saw someone and I was given the once over after the initial questions, one which was "Do you have any feelings of depression?" to which I replied through tears, "No"
I don't think they believed me.

After my exam I was declared illness free.
illness free?
I guess I am pretend sick?
I hope I get a pretend bill!
I chose to treat it with OTC multi symptom cold meds.

There are small changes that need to be cared for in the home. One of those is the removal of the handicapped toilet seat we have had for a few years.
When we originally got it, it was difficult to adjust to. My toes were the only things that touched the floor when I sat down. After my husband fell and broke the toilet a few weeks back, I had to replace it. The new one is just ever so slightly higher, so then my toes barely touched the floor when I sat down.
Yesterday I removed the seat and replaced it with a regular one.
Doing so was emotional for me. Afterward I had the voice of Howie Mandel's Bobby going through my head "It's my potty and I'll cry if I want to."
Yeah, I know
Now I have to adjust to the lower seat and panic sets in every time I sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment