Thursday, February 20, 2014

Press on

I'm still not sick. I haven't been sick for 4 days now. (rolls eyes)
I'm glad I'm not sick, otherwise I wouldn't be able to function at all.
I'm still taking OTC meds. Yesterday I told my daughter I felt like a zombie.

I'm having a difficult time sorting out the (non) illness and the grief.

I managed a shower yesterday and I found myself just standing in the bathroom. I just stood there long enough to be completely dry and hair half dried.  My mind clicking away in prayer, thoughts, memories. Fast and furious but I never moved. Somehow I finally snapped out of it.

When I told my daughter about it she said I should place the box of meds on the counter. I told her I would with a note and the passwords to all of my stuff. We decided to make the passwords in riddles, I suggested words with friends. It feels good to smile.

The emptiness continues.
 Oddly I realized I never cried yesterday. Maybe I'm out of tears, maybe my meds have stolen them. Maybe I'm too tired. I am very tired, but I press on.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your lose. I have read all of your entries and have followed your story for the past 2 years. My father was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia in 2012 but he has had problems since 2007. He is now in the later stages of the disease if there is such a thing. Your blog has helped me and my mother deal with Lewy Body. Its bitter sweet to know that there is someone else out there going through or been through what we are . I know my father is headed down the same path that your Bobby has went down, I feel blessed that you have given us insight into what is to come. I know that your husband felt the love that you have for him and he passed knowing that you cared for him deeply. I pray that my father will feel that love when his time arrives.. Do n ot think for a minute that your blog goes untouched, I'm sure that their are many that read your words and just dont know what to say back. Keep moving foward Kathy,
    This to shall pass

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better by now, Kathy. Rest and drink lots of fluids! Or is it eat a lot? I can never remember that old saying. Feed a fever, starve a cold? Well, rest is the only thing that is a definite! Take care.

    ReplyDelete