Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Grief Group

I attended a grief group yesterday.
It was nice, intimate and non threatening.
I only needed one tissue.

I am hoping that through this I can not only help myself remain whole through this grief process but also help another. I seriously fear getting stuck in the grief and not getting out. Bitter and angry are 2 emotions that do not suit me.
I am also hoping I can feel filled again.
Right now, I feel empty.  I can't quite put my finger on it to describe yet. I don't feel depressed, been there done that not wanting to return, I have moments of happy and sad but I'm just empty, still looking for a purpose.
I've prayed that if this is how God wants me, than I am His to fill.
Until then I'm walking hollow and displaced.

I had a moment in conversing with someone when I started to say, "my husband" and for a microsecond I wondered, do I get to still say he is my husband?
I did say it, my heart and mind are still married. My memories are too.
Yet in that microsecond a wave of emotion plowed me over.
Where do I even fit in anymore?
UGH I hate being caught off guard!


1 comment:

  1. Kathy, it is no wonder you feel "empty". Your life was consumed with caring for another, and that purpose has finished. I'm so glad you attended a grief group. Although for different issues than yours, I had a lot of therapy get me through an incredibly difficult time. I really recommend finding a good therapist - even if that means going therapist shopping until you find someone you really click with. I also think that emptiness - or numbness - is just another form of depression and crippling in its own way. I may not comment every day, but know that I am thinking of you and sending my love out to you.

    ReplyDelete